(Following is a sequence of numbered tweets that was posted on twitter. I've posted it here as the twitter feed may not have worked for everyone/anyone.)
1. Some thoughts on the South Coast Shuttle. The shuttle operated this summer in @NorfolkCounty. Follow our numbered tweets
2. Operating on Erie’s north shore @10woodbb was involved in small way as a sponsor. $250 got R name on some ads & 10 free tickets
3. The Shuttle was actually 2 buses running weekends and holiday Mondays on a longish 55 kilometre route- Port Dover to Long Point
4. The idea was to provide a safe and reliable transportation option to destinations and amenities from Port Dover to Long Point…
5. …with stops at many locations along the way: as well as 2 promote many tourism options 4 visitors & residents of Norfolk County
6. Sorry for that bureaucratise. It is in the staff report. You can look it up at www.norfolkcounty.ca/ on the agenda page-Nov. 17
7. Let’s put it another way. The Shuttle was an option to the car. People could go 2 bars & restaurants, have a drink or 2 & not worry…
8. ...about how to get home. Good idea, eh?
9. Also you could take your bike on the bus, go for a ride then take the bus home. We enjoyed the Lynn Valley Trail that way.
10. OK. You want to know, did it work? And what did it cost hard working, abused and under loved taxpayers of #NorfolkCounty
11. First, did it work?
12. 20 riders per day. Ridership varied dramatically but it was better than the regular Ride Norfolk ridership
13. 1/2 of the riders were from away. 1/2 were from Norfolk. Riders said drivers Bob and Linda were ‘prompt and obliging”
14. Businesses were happy: E.g. Great promotion. More customers. Locals checked out their county. Believe it will only get better
15. Now, what did it cost? Nothing to local taxpayer. Sponsors, grants, fares and Gas Tax footed the bill.
16. For next year we like the idea of scheduled wait times at certain stops so riders can look around.
17. Shorter loops may be an idea to look at too.
18. Thanks to staff @NorfolkCounty particularly Brad Smith for a job well done.